I know this isn't a perl list, but this is a perl on freebsd question! ;)

I have a script that is sorting log files. I want to calculate the total
time between log entrys. Here is the format of the log files:

Dec 05 09:51:48.452 info info.info data
Dec 05 09:53:49.543 info info.info data

The output should return something along the lines of: total time between
log entries 02:01:01.091.

I have the time fields pulled out but I cannot figure out how to seprate
them into a calculatable format. And if this was run from after midnight and
the log files rolled back to 23:00, how to calculate this..Any help is much
appreciated!

TIA
Eric