I moved a bunch of mpegs (and other video formats) to a 5.4 box
running on a P4 from a 5.3 box running on a Thunderbird of some flavor
or another.

On the 5.3 box, they worked just fine.

On the 5.4 box, they don't display any video. Instead, they display a
black and red checkerboard. I get the same behavior from xine and
plaympeg, so I presume that there is some common library they use that
is causing this problem, but the only video stuff that the two ports
have in common according to "make all-depends-list" is X.

Both systems running X.org. The 5.3 system had an old nvidea card in
it (Diamond 550, I think). The 5.4 system has on-board SiS video.

Searching google, the FreeBSD bugs database - for bugs with xine and
plaympeg - and the FreeBSD web site all turned up nothing.

I'm sort of at a loss as to how to go about debugging this
problem. Any clues on things to try to figure out what's busted would
be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        <mike
--