----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: quotas

> every mount point with quota enabled will create a quota.user and
> or quota.group file in the root of each mount.

Thanks! :) What you say makes perfect sense. Not properly understanding, I
did a dumb thing; I symlinked /var/quota.user to /quota.user (thinking it
all needed to be in one file; doh). Then the kernel paniced (and me along
with it) on shutdown:

"freebsd panic: dqflush: stray dquot"

Well, it rebooted, saw some bad blocks, salvaged them, and everything is
okay again. Pfew. As someone said here, FreeBSD is very forgiving. :)

Thanks again!

- Mark