On Thursday 28 July 2005 01:28 pm, Reeves, Brandon wrote:
> I have a Freebsd 5.3 Laptop with an Aironet 350 Card. I can get the
> card associated with the AP using WEP etc. However, I still can not
> ping the outside internet. I had this working while I was initially
> toying with the card but for some reason it no longer works. This is
> a new card I have added to my laptop to enable wireless since the
> embedded Intel card is not supported. I also can not ping any machine
> on the wireless and none of my other machines can ping me.. Any
> insight into this would be greatly appreciated.  One more note, I
> have installed the Linux-ACU port and it says I am associated but
> still gets no communication.
>
> Thanks
>

> Brandon Reeves
> Information Systems Security
> FMOL Health System
> Ph. 225.765.7984
> Fax: 225.765.5804

Brandon,

Please forgive the "obvious" questions:

1.  Are you pinging using hostnames or ip addresses?
2.  Does the result of 'ifconfig an0' show an ip address and netmask for
the wireless interface?  (I'm assuming the wireless interface is an0.)
3.  Was the wireless interface configured manually or did you use
dhclient?
4.  Is the default gateway set?
5.  Are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf correct?
6.  Did you add the local network hosts to /etc/hosts?
7.  Does your laptop have an active firewall that may be blocking
packets?

Andrew Gould