Hi,
I used to have this working then I reimaged my
Windows 2000.

Anyway, I have Windows 2000 on the C: (first partition)
and FreeBSD on the second. VMWare is installed on Win2000. FreeBSD
is 4.7-Stable of not that long ago.

If switch the active partion to be the FreeBSD
partition it boots fine. However, I get a failure if I
go thru the NT boot loader.

I copied boot1 from /boot to C:\ and called it bootsect.bsd
I do a sum on FreeBSD and on Win 2000 (cygwin what a lifesaver) and
They come up the same:

proot@PTROOT /cygdrive/c
$ sum bootsect.bsd
30147 1

proot@PTROOT /cygdrive/c
$ cat boot.ini
[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional"
/fastdetect
C:\bootsect.bsd="FreeBSD"
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

What am I doing wrong here? I tried copying the file to a peerless
drive when just booted in FreeBSD and then moving it over with Explorer,
then I copied it in FreeBSD, gzipped it, copied it over, gunziped it in
cygwin and used mv in cygwin to rename.

Sorry, I'm not currently on the list, don't have time to read. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

--
Paul T. Root E/Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155