Bryan Maynard wrote:
I know this isn't directly freebsd related, but this list has been good to me before.

I am running 5-STABLE. I installed Apache 2.1.4 using make install clean after updating my ports collection. Everything seemed to go fine. I then installed mod_php5 via make install clean. I added 192.168.1.102 thereallm.org to my /etc/hosts file (I am testing this box before I send it out for co-located hosting). When I run apachectl start I get no errors - even with -e, but there's no pid for apache or httpd in top (via "top | grep httpd" or "top | grep apache").
Whats in the error_log file ?

Me thinks it might be mod_uniquie_id complaining based on your setup.

HTH