Joost Bekkers wrote:
Hi

Is there a way to calculate (over eg. a 5 minute interval) the average amount
the cpu was throttled? In this case by powerd(8).

No, powerd currently reads the CPU usage periodically and adjusts the clock speed based on the current CPU idle value. You can somewhat influence the behavior with the options described in the powerd man page. powerd does not keep a history of CPU usage and it does not record the adjustments it makes. However, you could kind of record powerd activities by starting it with the -v option and redirect stdout to a file.

I was thinking there might be a counter/timer which is linked to the cpu clock,
but sofar I haven't been able to find one.

Well, you can see the current CPU frequency by looking at dev.cpu.0.freq where 0 is the id of the CPU you want to query.

Regards,

Phil.