On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, bob self wrote:

I just installed FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE and am installing a few applications. I need apache with php, but I see many php-related packages (with portupgrade -v php5-\*). So then I tried portupgrade -v php5, but now it wants to know whether I want to use apache2 instead of apache 1.3. I've been using 1.3 on another machine with no problems. Is 2 now ok to use? I saw in /usr/ports that there is apache2, apache20, apache21. Which one of these should I install if I use apache2? What about the other php installation questions (debug and zend multibyte support)? From your questions I assume you want to run a small webserver
for private/testing/experimenting purposes. apache21 is still beta but will do fine for you. You will have to enable apache2 support in php5 then.
Everything else can be left with the default options.
Don't forget to add
        apache2_enable="YES"
to your /etc/rc.conf :-)

Regards,