On August 11, 2005 11:09 am, Norbert Koch wrote:
> > I have installed Bochs successfully from ports.
> > At first, I planned to install Windows in Bochs, but soon I found that
> > Bochs needed to be configured before functioning properly.
> >
> > How to configure? I have no idea. I visited the homepage of Bochs just
> > now, but with no gains.

It has been ages since I used bochs but in short you need to create a hard
disk image file and a bochsrc  configuration file. There are a bunch of hard
disk image files (http://bochs.sourceforge.net/diskimages.html) available on
the bochs home page and the bochs manual has an entire chapter on creating
the configuration file
(http://bochs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/topper.pl?name=New+Bochs+Documentation&url=http://bochs.sourceforge.net/doc/docbook).

Years ago I used it when I had to run an old windows (3.1) application that
wouldn't work under wine. It worked well.

--
Ean Kingston

E-Mail: ean AT hedron DOT org
I am currently looking for work. If you need competent system/network
administration please feel free to contact me directly.