On Friday 06 December 2002 01:38 pm, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Kent:
>
> I see the differences between the compiler commands, but have no
> idea how to change them.  I would like to try your idea.  I have
> given no special flags to make.  What flags would I give to make
> when making world?

#CFLAGS= -O -pipe
#COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe

These are the defaults and so I just commented them out in
/etc/make.conf.

I would assume you have something defining a cpu or a CFLAGS. I don't
use either. I have a mix of cpus and have had to NFS mount /usr/src
and /usr/obj to recover a system before. I don't use cpu or compiler
options.

Kent

> Tks,
>
> Kent Stewart wrote:
> >On Friday 06 December 2002 01:02 pm, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I have spent a couple weeks in groups, google, handbook and lists
> >>for self-help on this.  I am trying to buildworld on a 4.6.2
> >>machine to RELENG_4.  The cvsup is updating all src and ports and
> >>finished successfully.  I reboot to kern.securelevel=-1, #rm -rvf
> >>/usr/obj and #cd /usr/src && make buildworld.  It fails miserably
> >>everytime here:
> >>
> >>cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe  -I. -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses
> >>-I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses
> >>-I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/include -Wall
> >>-DFREEBSD_NATIVE -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DTERMIOS  -c
> >>/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses/tinfo/alloc
> >>_e ntry.c -o alloc_entry.So cc: Internal compiler error: program
> >> cc1 got fatal signal 11 *** Error code 1
> >
> >You have some strange CFLAGS compared to what I always use. For
> >example, this has worked for some time now.
> >
> >cc -O -pipe  -I. -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses
> >-I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses -I/u
> >sr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/include -Wall
> >-DFREEBSD_NATIVE -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DT
> >ERMIOS  -c
> >/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses/tinfo/alloc_
> >entry.c -o alloc_entry.o

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA