On Monday 22 August 2005 07:43 pm, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Sorry for asking here, but y'all are the only "useful techies" I know :)
>
> Am trying to put together my next new FreeBSD server ... Intel based, on
> an SE7520JR2 DDR2 motherboard ... problem is simple ...
>
> I have 4x1G Kingston DIMMs to put in (KVR400D2R3K2/2G) ... if I put two in
> Bank 1, I can boot ... if I  put the other two in Bank 1, I can boot ...
> if I put 4 in (2 in Bank1, 2 in Bank2), I get three long beeps ...
>
> Is ther something obvious I'm overlooking here?  It doesn't seem like the
> RAM, since all 4 sticks do work, so its only leaving me the motherboard
> itself ... but wanted to double check ...
>
> ----

According to intel's website:

"Six DIMM sockets for up to 24 GB of Registered ECC DDR 266 or 16 GB of
Registered ECC DDR 333 or DDR2 400; memory must be populated in pairs."

Is your memory registered?

Beech
Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \