Gary Kline wrote:
[ ... ]
        Thanks much, both of you.  One more thing that may
        save me more time: Which text and html files can I
        edit (carefully), to insert the instruvtions to
"Unsubscribe" by sending a simple email? The -questions list has this as a footer.

Mailman does that for you by default for non-digest mode traffic.  See:

http://example.com/mailman/admin/test/?VARHELP=nondigest/msg_footer

...(pick a real hostname) which contains something like this by default:

...with %() expansion from Python doing all of the work.

Python is very cool.

--
-Chuck