Parv wrote:

in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, wrote Jorn Argelo
thusly...
About your problem, you should really recompile Perl from the
ports-tree if you want to upgrade your Perl version. And after you
did that, I always rebooted the machine. I don't know how it will
function without rebooting the machine, or if it's even possible
to upgrade Perl properly without a reboot.

There is no reason to reboot just to upgrade perl "properly".
Rebooting does nothing in regard to upgrading perl, rather you just
cause inconvenience to yourself.

 - Parv

Yes, I stand corrected. Which is why I mentioned that I didn't know for sure ;-)

Jorn.