On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 02:48:03PM +0200, Malik Bülent wrote:

> On FreeBSD4.x
> How can I restrict any pc(win9x,2000,etc) as mac address of it's ethernet ?
> that is can I use ipfw for that ? I did not find any document about that.

IPFW2 can filter packets by MAC address --- is that what you're looking for?

In order to use IPFW2, you'll need to upgrade to a fairly recent
FreeBSD 4.6 or 4.7 version and do a buildworld, buildkernel cycle with
the correct options in /etc/make.conf and in your kernel config
file. (Or you might upgrade to 5-CURRENT, where IPFW2 is the default).
IPFW2 functionality was MFC's into RELENG_4 on 21 Aug 2002, so
anything later than that should work.

See Luigi's announcement on freebsd-stable/freebsd-ipfw for details:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=441567+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-stable/20020728.freebsd-stable

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way