Gerard Seibert wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to print 'man' pages. If I try a simple redirect, such as: "man foo > foo.txt" the new file is loaded with control symbols, etc. that are not really printable. I want to save the files if possible, and print them out at a later date. It that is not possible, how would I go about printing them out in real time?

"man -t man > man.ps" will generate a PostScript version of the manpage and save it to the file man.ps. Read up on groff/gtroff if you need some other format.

--
-Chuck