Lowell Gilbert wrote:

                                   AMANDA (I *don't* think it's
in ports, check the University of Maryland/Google, etc.).

It is, indeed, in ports.

Indeed, and I must apologize for the erroneous information;
though I did use the word "think".   Came from using
whereis(1) (which generally finds ports for me) instead of `cd /usr/ports && make search name=amanda`.

Didn't seem right; but 'twas in a hurry and not too
focused (have just moved to FBSD 6 and had begun
recompiling ports as a pre-emptive measure.)

KDK