Hi All,

 I have been having several problems build ports. I just installed 4.7,
 and used cvsupit to update to the latest ports tree (nightly) and
 track the -STABLE branch (/usr/src).

 When I build ports I often get really lame errors like
 'Unknown character /' in some source file. What it turns out to be
 is a comment, like:

  // This is a comment.

 Changing it to:

  /* This is a comment */

 Fixes the problem.

 I get other errors too, but I am starting to question whether something
 else is wrong here. Is my make.conf too strict or something? I copied
 it from the examples, (/usr/share/examples/etc/defaults/make.conf) and
 did *very* little in customization... My CFLAGS looks like this:

 CFLAGS= -O -pipe -Wall -ansi

 What could be the problem here? Or is the compiler I'm using just not
 like '//' used as comments?

 I also can't successfully 'make buildworld'... And about 50% of the time
 I try to install a port that just won't build, so I have to use 'pkg_add'.

 Any tips greatly appreciated.

--
 Nick Jennings
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]