On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:34:10PM -0500, Kliment Andreev wrote:
> > Unfortuantely it didn't tell me where it expects the namedb dir to be, it
> > didn't put a startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d like other ports do..
> > Is this normal?
> >
> > Should I just create my own and wing it?
>
> Put the following in /etc/rc.conf
>
> # DNS server
> named_enable="YES"
> named_program="/usr/sbin/named"
> named_flags="-u bind -g bind"
>
> There is no need for startup script.

Mostly right, although bind9 doesn't like the '-g' flag, and the port
will install it into /usr/local/sbin and you'll probably want to
explicitly define where the named.conf file is:

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_flags="-u bind -c /etc/namedb/named.conf"

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
                                                      Marlow