On Saturday 08 October 2005 02:14, M. L. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know your opinions on suPHP. I was looking for some software
> that would execute PHP scripts as the user who owns them, instead of
> www, and came up with that. But the site is written in poor english, the
> software consists on a root setuid binary, so I'm a bit worried about
> the quality of this software.
>
> Does anyone have anything to say about suPHP, either good or bad stuff ?
> I'd like your opinions.
>
> Regards,
>
> M. L.

I don't know about suPHP but a chose a different way.
I'm running a server for about 200 users (students) and I wanted to offer them
full Apache+PHP functionallity without any restrictions.
I decided to run 200 indepentent small Apache-Servers utilizing the
worker-Modell and the PHP5 module. Each Apache is listening on a separate
port (of course) and I use on master Apache with mod_rewrite to proxy
requests to user_dirs to the appropriate port number.

Regards,
bh