On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 12:07:13AM -0600, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:16:23PM -0200, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira
> wrote:
> >
> >       I've just acquired a UPS compatible with upsilon 2000 software
> > for Windows. I would like to know if anyone knows of a unix package
> > capable of speaking the upsilon2k protocol. :)
> >
> >       I would really like being able to have the NoBreak issue a
> > shutdown command if the batteries were running too low.
> >
> >     Product description:    SMS Manager III 1.3KVA
> >                             Intelligent Managing Port RS232
> >                             Windows Software Upsilon 2000
> >
> >     The Upsilon 2000 software is developed by Megatec
> > http://www.megatec.com.tw/
> >
> >       Unfortunaly, of course, they do not tell me of any compatible
> > open source solutions. hehehe They only offered me a FreeBSD 3.x old
> > software binary from 1999.
>
> I am using that software (I think mine is actually from 1998) with a
> Fenton PowerPal UPS.  You need the 3.x compat libraries installed.  It
> is not fancy but gets the job done.  I can not say for sure that it
> would work with your UPS however.

        Humm, I've just found out that latest NUT supports SMS along
MANY other UPSes. :)
        Furthermore, they even have documentation on how to build
the serial cables. That's just EXCELENT software.
        I'm trying it tomorrow if I can get the NUT port updated

http://www.exploits.org/nut/

        Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer