> Do we know please, which Lap Top brand is trouble free
> to handle FreeBSD installation & configuration.
> At the present time I have TOSHIBA 355 CDS and lot of
> problems related to GUI and network.
> I would appreciate any thoughts / suggestions that can
> put me on a right track and direction.

I have a Sony P3 600 Mhz here with 192Mb RAM.
It has a 100Mbits Trendnet Ethernet PCCard which is fully reconized .. same
thing for my US.Robotics 11Mbits 2410 Wireless PCCard.
Sound is working fine, XFree as well in 1024x768 (24bits if I recall correctly).
Firewire is OK, USB has some problems (when connecting a mouse after the
computer has been booted, it won't work.. fixed the problem by buying a PS2
mouse :D)

The only things that are not working are:

 - Infrared => not supported by kernel
 - 56k modem => winmodem sux

I also have problems to play video under X because of the late XV support...
As I heard, it's coming in the next X version !

If you want more info, mail me!

Cya