Forrest Aldrich wrote:
I've asked the OpenAFS people about a port to FreeBSD.

They recently gained a port to OS X, which I understand has a similar/FreeBSD codebase.

I have been asking about this for a while. Occasionally an interested party arises. The work remains incomplete.

The last rumor I heard was that the server works. The client doesn't work out of the box. I did have the client sort of working once upon a time. That is to say that it was working right up until it panicked.

OSX is a different kernel.  The kernel is where the difficulty lies.

Later,
Jason C. Wells