On Oct 24, 2005, at 5:32 PM, Linnea Forslund wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Linnea Forslund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 25, 2005 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: i get stuck installing kernel
To: Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 10/25/05, Eric F Crist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 24, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Linnea Forslund wrote:

There is a message asking
"running multiuser, assume network has already been configured?" I say
yes, since I don't know what it's about. Then it waits for a looong
time saying it's logging in, but it doesn't connect.

What have I done wrong? What can I do? I have two more days to fix
everything... please help!

Is this machine connected to a working internet connection?  The
dialog you are talking about has noticed that your computer is not
running in single-user mode, but rather in multi-user mode.
Typically, systems running multi-user are configured for network and/
or internet access.

Make sure the machine is connected to the internet.

It _is_ connected to the internet. It is the machine I'm using right now.

/Linnea

You could try going to /usr/src/ssys, or which ever directory houses the function you need and typing 'make install'

HTH