"Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> That's kinda what I'm wondering ... is it just that nobody has updated the
> man page since '94 ... from looking at the sources, ther have been mods to
> it since then:

If you're referring to the manpage date which gets displayed with the
manpage, you can fugidaboudit; according to the "mdoc" manpage, it's the
"date of authorship", which most read with an implied "original".  I
complained to the doc people that this policy makes FreeBSD stuff look
unmaintained to casual users (at least).  You can guess the response.