On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:55:31 -0500, Lance Bland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 12:07 PM, Jud wrote:

Largest collection of reviews, links, etc. I know of, a bit outdated now but still fascinating:

http://tunes.org/Review/OSes.html

Also check out their reviews/links re various programming languages:

http://tunes.org/Review/Languages.html
hi-

you said they are outdated, but the information on Objective-C is severely lacking (it has been around for ~16 years), the link is bad, it is not MIA; and the Mac OS X O.S. info is lacking, and doesn't make mention of the fact that it uses a lot of FreeBSD stuff.

I only looked at the pages for a few seconds, so I could be wrong...
Nope, you're right. I offered the Tunes.org site more as one of the best beginnings I know for that game we've all played, Follow-the-Links, than as an authority in itself.

I suppose that OSNews ( http://www.osnews.com ) is another fun starting point for information on a variety of OSs, mostly Win, Lin, *BSD, OSX and BeOS-related. It's right up-to-date, but again all this material will certainly have a point-of-view. If you're looking for objectivity, then heck, I'm stuck.

--
Jud