Malcolm Kay wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:56 pm, Toomas Aas wrote:

A typical FreeBSD installation on one HDD uses two partitions:
a FreeBSD partition and a swap partition. Inside the FreeBSD
partition are slices, which are mounted under directories
(mountpoints) such as /var. So, your question seems to be
about slices, not partitions.

The usual BSD terminology is just the reverse of this.
What MS calls partitions are usually known in FreeBSD terminology as "slices".

Geez, what was I thinking! Of course you (and everybody else in this thread) is right and I am wrong. I'll go stand in the corner now.

---
... The truth is out there. Does anyone know the URL?