Ryan Masse wrote:
I have installed the port 'jre' in which upon trying to execute a java class
I get a class not found error message.  Originally I thought it may be an
issue with the CLASSPATH, however everything is set as it should.

port installed to /usr/local/jre1.1.8

CLASSPATH =
.:/usr/local/jre1.1.8/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/jre1.1.8/lib/i18n.jar
JAVA_HOME= /usr/local/jre1.1.8

I have a test class which consists of:

public class Hello {
        System.out.println("Hello World!");
    }
}

It compiles fine to the current directory to Hello.class

I try to execute it via $JAVA_HOME/bin/java Hello but get the class not
found error.

At this point I am at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

1.  Show us the actual error you get.
2. Even if you just want the JVM you probably are better off installing one of the JDKs. 1.1.8 is pretty old, 1.5 is Sun's current version. I assume JRE 1.1.8 is in the ports for legacy reasons only.

Micah