Anyone using any sort of nss_X.so module? Are there any open issues with FreeBSD/amd64 and nssswitch? I've been reading a good deal of archived mailing list messages regarding development/threading issues, but to no avail have I found any definitive answer as to if nssswitch works correctly and completely under FreeBSD.

Personal interest being drawn from my own issues using, configuring, and updating/compiling nss_ldap. Issues in the code, issues with making new versions, and apparently just issues all-together :( Thinking perhaps someone else out there is using without problem some sort of nss solution?

Sparing one problem, current version from FreeBSD/ports/current seems to work correctly, but problem is quite an issue and potential security risk - the likes of which I am still unsure of. I have posted a few times to various mailing lists, and am a member of freebsd-questions, freebsd-current, freebsd-hackers, freebsd-amd64, and nssldap/padl.com - all to no resolution thus far. I'd ideally just like to do the wrench-work and get new(er) version of nss_ldap to compile/function properly under FreeBSD.

--
Nathan Vidican
[EMAIL PROTECTED]