Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:
   On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:27:51PM +0100,
   Moritz Lipfert wrote:

Hi,

on every start of FreeBSD 6.0-stable amd64 the kernel reports
"device problem (set_addr_failed)..." and my USB mice
don't work. I've tested a Logitech MX518 and a Microsoft
IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. The LEDs of the optical sensors are
not working. The USB-daemon is started and I already tried to
configure the mice with sysinstall. Nothing helped.

How can I solve this problem? Any ideas?

  If you use moused, try de "auto" in the mouse type parameter.
  From the moused(8) manual page:
  --- BEGIN QUOTE --
  For the USB mouse, the protocol must be auto.  No other protocol
  will work with the USB mouse.
  --- END QUOTE ---

  Also, use the same moused in the X Windows System.

System specs:
AMD Athlon64 3500+
2x 512MB Corsair Memory
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (nVidia nForce3)
ATi Radeon X800XT-PE

In Linux both mice work flawlessly!

Best regards,
MorLipf
[SNIP]

Regards
At the moment there are no moused lines in my rc.conf. Should I add these configuration lines?