Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 5.4 with an Intel 810 chipset which has an onboard
soundcard. While everything else works fine, the sound volume is inexplicably
low. I have set snd_ich_load to "YES" in loader.conf, which is probably all I
am required to do. Even when I use Volume Control to set the PCM to maximum
volume (with the 800 W speakers too set to maximum volume), sound is barely
audible in multimedia applications like xmms and xine. What could possibly be
wrong ?

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain