Micah wrote:

Bob Perry wrote:

This past weekend, I CVSup'd the ports tree and prepared to run portupgrade. I noticed a large number of GNOME ports in my output from pkg_version and, found that I would need to run the GNOME Project 's upgrade script to upgrade to 2.12.

I use a dial-up modem had been timed out on several occasions.during the process This happened about three times during the night and I had to restart the upgrade each time. Note that I failed to use the restart flag recommended during the first restart. I finally ended up with a "succesful upgrade..." message even though I now have only 188 ports after beginning with 297. Amongst the missing is gnome 2.12 itself.

I'm hoping there is some way to get things back to normal and rerun the upgrade without re-installing the missing ports. BTW, I did back up /var/db/pkg.

Any advice would be appreciated. I run 5.4 -RELEASE #0. I'm running this message from a second machine but should be able to supply the logs if needed.

Thanks,
Bob Perry

gnome_upgrade_lst.xxxx in your tmp folder should contain a list of all the software that the script was going to update. Compare that list with the output from pkg_version/portversion to see what needs reinstalling. Reinstall it via whatever method you like (portinstall, cd /user/port/xxx/xxx && make install). I am in a similar situation but I had the output from portversion from before the upgrade to rely on (and wrote a script that made a list of the differences).

HTH,
Micah

I was able to compare the list of files the script was going to update to output from pkg_version to get an idea of what was missing. I started with gnome2 (cd /user/port/x11/gnome2 && make install) and now have about a dozen ports left to install. (Think I'll try portmanager at a later date when I feel more comfortable with it.)

I certainly want to thank you all for your help. Can't wait 'til next upgrade.

Thanks,
Bob Perry