Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 November 2005 at 19:15:51 -0600, Eric Murphy wrote:

A Inspiron 9300, I cant seem to find this info ANYWHERE, and i want to
configuer Xorg :)   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What happens when you run this (from a text-mode terminal)?

  X  -configure

If that doesn't work, I think I found the specs for my 9200 last summer (shamefully, *not* in the Dell User's Manual) by Googling on the LCD part number rather than "Inspiron". Check your invoice for details.

Mine's a Samsung product, I think. I'm sure I have my notes from that episode somewhere; post back if nothing else works and I'll try to dig them up, or at least share my working xorg.conf.

YMMV. Which LCD type is it (WUXGA, WSXGA, other)? Hmm... perhaps that is why the Inspiron owner's manual is so vague on this subject; the actual display specs may vary depending on what options you choose.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348