Blue Raccoon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have mounted my Windows FAT32 partitions. Read & Write works fine, but
> every
> single file on the mounted drives is 'seen' as executable. And that doesn't
> change when a file is copied to the UFS partition. This, I think, is asking
> for trouble.
>
> (How) can I change this?

Note that this happens because FAT doesn't have any concept of an
executable setting.

In most cases, this isn't really a problem, just an annoyance.  Users
can always change the permissions of files they own anyway.  And if
they copy something from the FAT partition to the UFS partition, they
own the copy.

mount_msdosfs(8) has a -m option (and -M, so you can still have the
directories executable) to change the observed permissions.  It's an
all-or-nothing solution, but that's probably what you want anyway.