Bob Ababurko wrote:

I am trying to figure out whether or not I can run a Seagate dds-4 STD2401LW tape drive under freebsd...say 6.0. Or any version for that matter.

Assuming it's a SCSI tape drive then there is no particular reason it would not work. SCSI tape drives are all the same as far as the OS is concerned. If your SCSI controller is supported then there is no particular reason to believe it won't work.

Of course, some manufacturer somewhere may make one that behaves badly for some reason (there are no guarantees) but if google doesn't show anyone having trouble then the likelihood is that no-one is having trouble.

--Alex