On 19 Nov 2005 08:39:19 -0500, Lowell Gilbert
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pat Maddox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I've got a 6.0 system with lighttpd installed.  I have a
lighttpd_enable="YES" line in /etc/rc.conf, but lighttpd doesn't start
up when the machine boots.  I have another machine with the same
config (though apparently not exactly the same), and lighttpd starts
up with it.  There's nothing in the lighttpd error log, and if I use
the rc script to start it up it starts fine.  How do I find out why
it's not starting on boot, and how do I make it start on boot?

Is it executable?

Try putting an echo or touch command early in the script to see if
it's getting run at boot at all.

It's definitely executable..it's getting run when I run
/etc/rc.d/localpkgs, so it really just makes no sense.

Might have already tried this, but...

What is the value of PATH when you run it manually vs. on boot?

That's what always gets me...