Gerard Seibert wrote:
Running FreeBSD 5.4, I receive this error message while booting up:

Updating KDM configuration

Information: reading old kdmrc /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (from kde

= 2.2.x) Information: old kdmrc is from kde >= 3.1 (config version 2.3)

This message appears everytime I boot. I have the latest version of KDE installed. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Been having this message too, but since it's a non-critical issue I haven't looked at it until now.

The message comes from running "genkdmconf" to update your KDM configuration. The latest KDE has installed /usr/local/etc/rc.d/genkdmconf.sh which runs the "real" genkdmconf in update mode every time you boot. I'm not exactly sure why this is necessary, since the files really only need to be updated if/when you've changed your configuration or upgraded KDE. If the messages bother you, move (or remove) genkdmconf.sh from rc.d. Personally, since I now know the messages' origin I'll just ignore them.

Later,
Micah