Chris wrote:

I hate users looking for the shortcuts.

Funny. I didn't see that at all in the original email. What I saw was a genuine misunderstanding.

He was asking about using CVSUP to track ports on a one by one basis. What he didn't understand is that a person really wants to CVSUP the whole ports tree. It's a fair misunderstanding if one starts with an FTP-ish RPM-ish mindset. John Chen's answer was appropriate.

To Efren I add the following. You may also want to read up on 'refuse' files as documented in the cvsup(1) man page. I don't recommend using them though.

Later,
Jason