I have a firewall machine that's slower (it's just a firewall) for which I'd like to do a buildworld/buildkernel on another faster machine.

The old machine is a 500mhz 686 class machine, the newer is 2.8ghz 686 class. I don't know that I'd need to adjust the CC flags for this, however.

It's probably in the handbook (I've searched) on how to do this.

My guess is passing flags to "make" in /usr/src and nfs-mounting that from the older machine to perform an installworld - provided that is possible in single user mode.

Thanks.