* Louis J. LeBlanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-12-02 09:33:44 -0500]:
> So, I know restarting is important on occasion, but my real questions
> are: Does anyone use a crontab reboot to make sure their system(s) get
> a regular fresh start?  If so, how often - weekly, montly, bi-monthly?

I think system upgrades should always be done manually, since any change
could potentially corrupt an otherwise perfectly running machine.
Manually, one can do a quick sanity check to make sure the upgrade went
okay, and back out if it didn't.

IIRC, on Windows machines the default setting is to automatically
download and install OS updates, and this has only caused problems for
everyone involved. I don't know any moderately competent Windows user
who doesn't turn this feature off right away.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]