--On Friday, December 02, 2005 19:52:44 +0100 Hans Nieser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't see anything in the FAQ about D-BUS.

One other thing.  I now have two  Screensaver selections under
Desktop/Preferences.  One has the old icon (screen with the red fire in
front of it), and when I open that one, it says "The XScreenSaver daemon
doesn't seem to be running on display ":0.0".  Launch it now?

If I click on OK, it starts up and the screensaver works, but screenlock
still does not.

The FAQ entry I was referring to is located at
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q25

More info. I can lock the screen from the Screensaver menu, and I can lock it from the commandline - xscreesaver-command -lock. I just can't lock it from the Gnome Desktop menu, and the screensaver daemon isn't being started automatically at loging, although it starts fine manually.

I can probably figure it out from here after doing some reading.

Thanks for the info.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas