I think it can be done.
I have XP running under qemu fine.

Yesterday I got a samsung 760 mobile and connected it to my fbsd-6.
I read:
ugen0: SAMSUNG SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2

So it's seen ;-)

Then I read about the -usb option of qemu. OK, XP knows USB.
But it does not see nor install the modem driver. I probably have to
use the usb_add option of qemu console, but I have NO idea about how to
formulate it. The help screen states:

usb_add device, where device is "host:bus.addr" or
"host:vendor_id:product_id" but how do I know these values?

Can somebody help me, please. I very much like to be able to use my
mobile with qemu/win and not have to reboot to a 'normal' XP
installation.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve