On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:39:34AM +0800, ke.han wrote:
> Roland Smith wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:20:06AM +0800, ke.han wrote:
> >
> >>I have installed 6.0 and would like to follow important changes before
> >>something labeled 6.1 comes out.
> >>What is the prescribed method for this?
> >>
> >>I don't want to follow current or stable (I don't think).  I just want
> >>security fixes and other changes that might be termed 6.01 if there were
> >>such a thing.
> >

> >Create a cvsup-file with
> >
> >*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0
>
> thanks...so now that I have sync'd my source incorrectly by using
> stable-supfile and standard-supfile, can I get things back to where I
> want just by sync'ing again with the RELENG_6_0 tag ??

Yes.

Be sure to make good backups before you rebuild world+kernel, in case you
screw it up.

This goes especially for the settings in the files in /etc and
/usr/local/etc. I tend to keep a copy of the files in those directories
in my home directory under revision control, with an install script. So
I can easily install my changed configuration files.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt