On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:12:27PM +0100, Jack Raats wrote:
> I've two machines running FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE.
> One very fast machine and one very very slow machine. On the fast
> machine I can compile a new kernel and OS very quickly and easily.  Is
> it possible to transfer the compile world and kernel to the slow
> machine. If yes whart directories etc... do i have to transfer.

A quick and easy way that comes to mind is to export via NFS /usr/src
and /usr/obj from the fast machine to the slow machine. Do the builds
on the fast machine for configuration "SLOWPOKE". Then on the slow
machine simply "make KERNCONF=SLOWPOKE installkernel" to let the
standard tools do the job for you.

Probably have to trust root from slowpoke on speedy so that
installkernel can do all it wants.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]