On Saturday 10 December 2005 08:10, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:36:28 -0800
>
> "Michael C. Shultz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Good information!  To automate this with portmanager you can add
> > the following two lines to pm-020.conf:

#below must be on one line
STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm -R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
-s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|

#second line
www/linuxpluginwrapper|WITH_PLUGINS=1|

> YEAH, the information is good, except for the symlinked browser_plugins.
> You should not do this. That is, when I'd done this this week, mozilla
> wouldn't start anymore. Error 76 on X. It stook me quite some time to
> find out that the symlinked plugins dir was to blame. I removed the
> browser_linux_plugins and mozilla worked again. All plugins just are in
> browser_plugins. Having a REAL browser_linux_plugin dir does not harm
> the system.

The symlinks are working for me but I agree it is a bad idea. Would be much
better if the www/linuxpluginwrapper put things where they belong that way
they will be properly cleaned up when the port is deinstalled.  My point
though, was if things have to be manually fixed up before or after installing
a port there is a way to automate that so on the next upgrade hopefully
things will keep working.

-Mike