On 12/17/05, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I'm looking for experiences with a webmail solution. I want to use
> postfix as my mta and on a freebsd6 machine. The users who will be using
> the
> server probably would do better with a webmail package so they can get to
> it
> from anywhere. The box already has apache and php so i don't think that'll
> be an issue. One thing i'm uncertain is whether to offer direct pop/imap
> or
> their equivalent encrypted counterparts or just do it all through webmail.
>     Experiences and recommendations welcome.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

I've always had good luck with Squirrel Mail, www.squirrelmail.org.
However,
recently the webhost I use has started offering the IMP Webmail Client,
http://www.horde.org/imp/.
And I must say it's pretty nice.

Most of what you will find is that these web based clients are simply
interface to the imap/pop servers.
That way is doesn't really mattter what you do under the hood.

--chip

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....