----- Original Message ----- From: "Russell J. Wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 8:43 AM
Subject: Re: USB mice

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 03:36:28AM -0600, Teilhard Knight wrote:
It seems to me that the way FreeBSD is catching up with new hardware leaves
you unsatisfied. One has to choose, upon boot, the option to use an USB
keyboard by hand, and I have found no way to make a USB mouse to work. The
OS broadly supports serial mice and hardly PS/2 mice, both almost out of
the market nowadays. Are USB mice supported by FreeBSD?

I have a USB keyboard and I don't have to choose the ``USB Keyboard''
option at start up. Also, I have a USB Mouse hooked up via a hub in my
keyboard. Works fine.

Are they, your keyboard and your mouse, wireless?

Teilhard.