rod person wrote:

> I had this problem with an iPod also. When I switch to using firewire
> for the iPod it then worked fine. I've read that there is some problem
> with Apples usb2 code.

The Mac OS X code is certainly not the *BSD code, at least on the
computer end. I have a camera (Premier DC-5085) which won't work under
FreeBSD or Linux (gives "Buffer I/O error on device") but works just
fine as a umass device under Mac OS X 10.4.3. The camera is cheap, so I
wouldn't be surprised if they cut corners on the USB interface or code.
Worthy of further investigation ...

- d.