Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Micah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I wrote in a few days ago about gpgme not compiling.  It had an error
about several pthread_* functions.  I got around it by installing from
packages.  Now I can't compile multimedia/gstreamer from ports for the
same reason. (Error below).  I'm not sure what to do, or even what the
problem is...  Any help in tracking the problem down is appreciated.

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE i386 with the generic kernel installed
off CD.

Thanks,
Micah

How did you install the ports?  Are they up-to-date?  Are there maybe
some stale files in that particular port directory?

The ports tree was installed by copying the ports tree from a working 5.4 install then cvsupping against cvsup5.FreeBSD.org. There shouldn't have been any stale files left behind. After getting the error i tried make clean && make build.... Several time in fact (yes, I know the definition of insanity :)

I did manage to fix it, but the solution was a little drastic.... I updated my ports tree again (by now it was a day or two old), tried the broken ports again (still didn't work), upgraded the two ports that were out of date (one was a libtool15). I then did a portupgrade -Rrf glib-2\* because one of the error messages made me think something was wrong with glib. That ended up rebuilding practically everything. After that gstreamer and gpgme built and installed properly. Just looked at http://www.freshports.org/devel/libtool15/ - seems it was a ports bug. The rebuild-everything step probably wasn't necessary. :(

Later,
Micah