Doug Hardie schrieb:
I am upgrading a server to 6.0 and encountered an error in make buildworld. However, I don't know what the error was as I piped stdout to a file, but not stderr. It was fairly near the end so I really hate to restart from the beginning again. The master server is a fairly slow machine. When something like this happens, is there a way to restart the make where it died? Is there an easy way to build the specific module that failed to get the complete errors? In this case the module was /usr/libexec/telnet. I went to /usr/src/ libexec/telnet and did a make. It completed without any problems. So, I ended up restarting the make from the top again, but would like to know for future situations. Thanks.

Try "make -DNO_CLEAN buildworld" next time. This prevents the build script from deleting object files in /usr/obj.

Regards
Björn