--- dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 27 Dec Danial Thom wrote:
> > --- dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "accepted" standard is; its the
> > >
> > > Bring this "rule" to society and it won't
> take all that much time
> > > before we'll live in a jungle (happely ever
> after ?  ;-)
> > >
> > > It's the decease of this era that lost of
> people find it diffcult to
> > > honor rules except their own.
> > >
> > > I know the saying "money makes the world
> turn around"
> > > I disagree.
> >
> > Well if you're going to snip all of the
> context out then you can't
> > possibly have a credible argument. You might
> as well go work for a
> > newspaper.

> I think my argument stands. The context is in
> the threat (as you well
> know, because it's been written by you).

I think you mean "thread" here? I didn't start
the thread. But you can't ignore reality. Reality
is that most people use IE. So if you ignore that
fact, then you are not good at your job of
designing websites, because it is a key factor.

They don't make seats in busses 3' wide because
some people are really fat. They make them so
that the majority of people can fit comfortably
in them (well, reasonably comfortably anyway). If
you worry about every case, then you cheat the
majority, and your product is less useful.

> Furthermore you don't seem to think highly of
> people working for
> newspapers.
> Personally I don't look down on people, no
> matter their work nor social
> status.

My point is that newspapers are spinsters, as
they often take a word or phrase out of context
to make a story fit their agenda. It has nothing
to do with the status of the people who work
there, only their ethics and motivations, which
are to make things appear the way they think will
generate the most interest; not the truth.

DT